Monday, November 13, 2017

Revealed

I have not posted in a while...again. So here I am, confessing what has been on my heart...again. 

I have gone through a season in which I was tempted to "give up". I questioned whether this journey with Christ is worth all the discipline and sacrifice that I needs to be applied. I felt it was easier in my "younger days" to be faithful. I needed less. I had more of Christ. I realized I needed a revelation. I needed to ignite the fire of Christ in my soul...again. How did I lose it? How did I allow it to begin to slip away? Somewhere in my travels I felt burdened by the pain and brokenness in this world. I could not understand God through all the depravity and desolation of hunger, slavery, war...although I could not deny that He is good and He does not cause suffering; I still wrestled. I was overwhelmed by the needs around me, with so little that I could actually give. The only answer I could resonate was: God HAS overcome this; and so shall we. The question remained: what is my part in all this? 

Then the revelation came: what we do in this life does not just echo in eternity. Eternity collects all the acts of love, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control and deposits it into the restored heaven and earth. It all continues as reality,  not as points towards a scoreboard. It became more meaningful to me to remember that what I am doing in the very moment to encourage someone or pray healing into their lives, is forming into a reality that lasts for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment