I caught myself smiling at the air. I was stuck in a memory. All I could think of was how much the past has changed. yes, I wrote that right. The past has changed. But the past can't change, you say. You're right, but my perception of the past changes.
I recently had dinner with a friend whom I hadn't seen in 10 years. It was like looking into a mirror of time. The way we thought, acted and joked then was different. The way we thought of the future, and of our hopes and dreams was different. We didn't know anything then. I'm not claiming we know any better now, but we see life differently now. We chased after our dreams upon completing a difficult and job, which transformed us. And we look back on it with thankfulness. We hold up a thankfulness torch, which ignited the path that we continued to tread, which led us to loving where we are now. The future takes on new shapes and forms as we think, experience, imagine and remember.
I recently had dinner with a friend whom I hadn't seen in 10 years. It was like looking into a mirror of time. The way we thought, acted and joked then was different. The way we thought of the future, and of our hopes and dreams was different. We didn't know anything then. I'm not claiming we know any better now, but we see life differently now. We chased after our dreams upon completing a difficult and job, which transformed us. And we look back on it with thankfulness. We hold up a thankfulness torch, which ignited the path that we continued to tread, which led us to loving where we are now. The future takes on new shapes and forms as we think, experience, imagine and remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment