The purpose of this blog is to reflect and share on what I have been learning and inspired by each week. In the archives, you will enjoy narratives and poetry I have used to process moments from my own life. "Soul speaking", I like to call it. We are each on a journey. Honor your own and enjoy the ride. You can heal through play and I am going to live to prove it! :) "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 13:12
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Christmas Season
As the Christmas season comes upon us, I am having a new revelation and look at Christ's birth, something that seems so obvious to Christian followers. As I listen to Christmas songs, I think: "Was it really cold that night in Bethlehem, like the songs sing about?" Jesus' life is the pathway to me having life. The shepherds in the field, may not have "felt" like going a long distance to visit Jesus, but something (the Holy Spirit) touched them and they went. No matter the cost, the sacrifice, as Jesus did for us later on in His life on the cross. He became life for us. Now we have purpose. I am reminded of God's unmerited favor and I think two things: that I don't deserve it and I am afraid God will take it away. Then, God answers those two things with: "It's not about deserving, it's about acknowledging that you need me". And: I need to trust in Him. He is my only hope. I hope to find Him in His death and resurrection this coming year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment